Writing your first e-book doesn’t have to be a daunting task. In fact, if you follow these 12 tips, you’ll find that starting and finishing an e-book can be a lot easier — and more profitable — than you imagined.
First, let me share three reasons you should have an e-book:
- It builds your credibility. The more you publish, the more your reputation grows.
- It’s a client attractor. An e-book can help draw targeted traffic to your site.
- You get paid to market yourself. When you publish an e-book, many of your prospects will purchase it before hiring you. The e-book helps them make their hiring decision and you get paid in the bargain.
Many writers put off writing an e-book because the process seems insurmountable, but if you follow these 12 tips, you’ll soon have an e-book that is marketable, well-written, and most importantly … finished!
Tip #1: Target Hungry Buyers
Pick a subject that will sell. One that has hungry buyers.
The following markets have lots of hungry buyers:
- Diet and Fitness
- Business Opportunities
- Saving Money
- Improving Credit
- Business-to-Business Sales/Marketing/Operations
- Investing and Trading, (e.g., stocks, commodities)
- Real Estate (e.g., investing or buying/selling a home)
- Sex and Relationships
If people are spending money for information on a particular topic, chances are good they’ll buy more information. For instance, most people interested in golf, gourmet cooking, or photography will usually buy several books on their favorite subject in order to learn something new.
This is an especially great way for a niche web writer to build a second income stream.
Tip #2: Target Your Audience