Phase One: How to Create a Social Media Strategy
At AWAI’S Web Copywriting Intensive in Austin, Nick Usborne stressed the importance of using social media for our business and the businesses of our clients. Not only has Nick used social media for self-promotion for many years, he’s also written a comprehensive program called How to Make Money as a Social Media Marketing Expert that we, as copywriters, web writers, and budding social media consultants, should all have on our bookshelves.
- The reality is …if you want to engage your audience more quickly …
- if you want to gain status as an expert faster …
- if you want to be able to offer social media services to your clients …
- you’ve got to learn social media.
It’s as simple as that.
You don’t need to rush to become an expert at social media. Spending some time planning and developing your platform knowledge, along with the ability to create good content, is what’s needed.
Learning social media allows you to:
- gain the confidence to upsell your copywriting services
- acquire the knowledge to create a strategy
- get more money each month by offering social media management packages
- automate the process (with care) — more money for less time
- control the continuity of the content
- have fewer clients but make more money
- give your clients added value
- appear as a full-service marketing consultant in the eyes of your client
- have FUN, too!
In this four-part series, “The Nuts and Bolts of Creating a Social Media Campaign,” I’ll take you on a journey through the four phases of creating a successful social media campaign that you — and your clients — can be proud of.
In this first article, I’ll drill down to give you six steps you can take now that will give you the confidence and knowledge you need to create and implement a successful social media strategy.
This article is reserved content for Wealthy Web Writer platinum members. To continue reading this article please log in or become a member today.
This article is part of the social media campaign series.
Series Table of Contents:
- The Nuts and Bolts of Creating a Social Media Campaign – Part One (This Article)
- The Nuts and Bolts of Creating a Social Media Campaign – Part Two
- The Nuts and Bolts of Creating a Social Media Campaign – Part Four
- The Nuts and Bolts of Creating a Social Media Campaign – Part Three