Welcome to this month’s Reality Blog! Today I want to cover a topic that I get a lot of questions about: retainer clients — and how to get them!
As a reminder, my main goal for 2013 is to double my hourly rate.
I’ve had a few missteps along the way, but my web-writing business and I are starting to get into the flow of things. I believe the reason is that nearly all of my clients have become retainer clients.
If you’re not familiar with retainer clients — or a retainer agreement — it’s basically you receiving a set fee each month in exchange for a set amount of work.
While this may sound a bit restrictive, the benefits are:
- A better understanding of your clients and their businesses.
- More loyalty from your clients.
- Putting you in the position of a consultant — rather than an order-taker.
- A schedule that’s pretty consistent so you can plan out the months ahead of time.
- And, my favorite benefit, money you can count on every month!
- But how can you turn your past and present clients into retainer clients?
3 Steps to Getting Clients on Retainer
My “process” for attracting retainer clients is more like a way of doing business than a process … but I’ll try to break it down for you here:
This article is reserved content for Wealthy Web Writer platinum members. To continue reading this article please log in or become a member today.