A retainer is an ongoing assignment that gives you, as a freelancer, a monthly earnings floor.
When you have a retainer, you know you’ll have the same projects every month, with the same income you can plan on. It’s the closest you’ll ever come to a “regular salary” as a freelancer.
Rebecca Matter, AWAI’s President and Founder of Wealthy Web Writer, is the perfect person to talk to freelancers about retainers, because she knows the process intimately from both sides. She met recently with a group of Wealthy Web Writer members to discuss retainer deals — you can review the entire webinar HERE.
Benefits of Retainer Deals for You
Rebecca outlined seven benefits of retainers:
- It’s easier to forecast your income
- They give you peace of mind
- They increase your per-hour rate
- You get better results for your client (and you create a better track record for yourself)
- You spend more time earning money and less time marketing
- Your referral business increases
- You provide increased value to your clients
Let’s look at them one-by-one.
This article is reserved content for Wealthy Web Writer platinum members. To continue reading this article please log in or become a member today.